Johnson County Transit Open House – July 19
Posted by Transit Action Network on July 18, 2011
Johnson County Transit is having an open house, to present the transit investments along Metcalf Avenue and Shawnee Mission Parkway that are being funded by the federal government Transportation Investment Generating Economic Recovery (TIGER) Grant.
- When: Tuesday July 19
- When: 5 to 7 pm
- Where: Matt Ross Community Center at 8101 Marty, Overland Park, KS 66204
Significant improvements will be made to passenger facilities in this transit corridor as well as improving the transit signal priority system. The project will include:
- Eighteen transit stations;
- Two park-and-ride facilities;
- Pedestrian access improvements along Metcalf Avenue from 87th Street to College Boulevard;
- Pedestrian access improvements at Broadmoor and Martway;
- A transit signal priority system, which will improve bus movement, timing and efficiency; and
- A transit center adjacent to Mission’s downtown, to support existing transit service and future local bus service.
Representatives from Johnson County Transit (JCT), the cities of Overland Park, Mission and Roeland Park and project team members will be available to answer questions.
TAN hopes that these improvements will encourage Johnson County to devote more money to additional transit services.