KCATA Aug 2010 Board of Commissioners Meeting
Posted by Transit Action Network on September 14, 2010
August 18, 2010
A. Michael Graham, Director of Finance, reported on the Second Quarter Financial Performance. Several Key Performance Statistics were presented.
2nd Quarter Key Performance Statistics for period ending June 30, 2010
|1. Metro Expense/Mile
National Avg. 2008
|2. Passenger Boardings per Customer Complaint||6,921||8,142||8,633||7,843|
|3. Vehicle Accidents/Million Miles||39.23||42.5||41.72||38.66|
|4. On-Time Performance||92.2%||93.4%|
|5. Miles/Mechanical Failure
National Avg. 2008
1. The lower number the better. KCATA expenses are significantly lower than the national average. 2008 is the most current national data. Of course 2008 was the year of the high diesel prices so that average may come down. This item is typically lower than the national average. The 2006 national expense per mile was somewhere between $8.50 and $8.75.
2. The higher the number the better. 2010 YTD is worse than last year at this point. The extreme weather and snowfall early in the year had an impact on this number.
3. The lower number the better.
4. The higher the number the better. This is the first year ATA is publishing this number. They have automated this function with their GPS (Global Positioning System) and AVL (Automatic Vehicle Locator) systems so these figures are the result of computerized readings from all the buses not just a random sample of supervisor readings.
5. The higher the better.
B. ATA cannot maintain the current level of service based on the City’s funding. If Kansas City continues the current funding level, then ATA will exhaust its reserve account at the end of 2013 causing severe service cuts of up to 35%.
C. Public Input: KCATA has added public input as a regular agenda item for its Board of Commissioners meetings. If you have a concern or comment that can’t be dealt with in another manner and feel that this is the best forum then you may request permission to speak. There is a request form to fill out in advance of the meeting.
Here are the rules:
KCATA Board of Commissioners Meeting Public Comment Instructions
- Individuals desiring to address the Board of Commissioners must complete a REQUEST TO SPEAK form*, which will be submitted to the General Manager prior to the meeting.
- Individuals must be recognized by the Chairperson, prior to speaking.
- Remarks will be addressed to the Board as a whole and not to individual Board members.
- Public comment will be limited to three (3) minutes, unless additional time is granted by the Chair.
- Total public input on any subject may be limited to a fixed period by the Board Chair.
- Once the Board moves to other items on the agenda, visitors should NOT address the Board, unless requested to do so by the Chair.
- Individuals will be expected to provide public input in a professional and constructive manner. Attempts to present public input in a disruptive manner will not be allowed.
*In lieu of a REQUEST TO SPEAK form, interested parties are welcome to contact Cheryl Floyd by email at least 24 hours prior to the appropriate Board meeting with the following information:
- Date of Board meeting
- City, State, Zip
Cheryl D. Floyd
Executive Assistant to the General Manager
Assistant Secretary to the Board of Commissioners
Kansas City Area Transportation Authority
1200 E. 18th Street
Kansas City, MO 64108